Monday, April 13, 2009

Mixed Bag of Goodness

Holla,

Just a couple of smatterings from the line.

-There have been no further updates on the Joe Wolf situation since the last blog. The tenant of an apartment that opens up into one of the local alleyways has placed a mask from the "Scream" movies on his or her doorway. This mask gave me nightmares for several nights when I was younger, which has lead me to the conclusion that this is Joe's residence. I have been carefully keeping an eye on this apartment, and avoiding it if possible.

-A friend from the hometown visited this weekend, which lead to drunkeness for three straight days. Roommate Nick wandered off on Saturday night, ending up in a bowling alley in downtown San Diego. He woke up on Sunday morning in his bed wearing one sock, jeans, a watch, and no cell phone. Luckily, I fell asleep at the bar and could not be lured into his adventure. His actions may have been influenced by the large number of jello shots that were consumed at an event earlier in the day. $5 for 15 jello shot? Okay!!!

-Sunday Fundays do, in fact, live up to their name. They are quite fun, until you wake up Monday morning and realize that you spent your recovery day under the influence of the shampoo effect and the allure of chips and guacamole. I honored Jesus this Easter by damaging my liver, increasing my waistline, and continuing to squander my unemployment money.

-The unemployment line has increased dramatically in the last couple of weeks, due to the inclusion of a couple of friends. Roommate Nick's company is losing their one and only client and are being forced to shut down. Nick has a couple weeks left of work before he is fully in the Line. Another friend received a notice from the schoolboard that they will not be renewing any of the first-year teacher contracts for the next year. He found out about this over his spring break, leading to a wonderful week off for him. Nothing like laying off the new, bright teachers in favor of the higher paid, tenured employees. Way to go school system.

-The personal job front is looking more and more bleak. After thinking that I had employment in the bag, the trail has gone cold. On a brighter note, I spoke with the owner of a bar while drunk yesterday. He told me that they weren't hiring, but gave me an application anyway. Nothing like hearing the phrase, "You never know," when you are desperately trying to find a paycheck.

-Last, but not least, I am doing an open mic standup routine tomorrow night at a local nightclub. I figured out my routine today, but I think that it is going to get polite laughs and maybe a few uncomfortable coughs at best. I'll be sure to update my loyal readers.

-On that note, I'd like to welcome Sissy and T-Money to the readership. Welcome and feel free to make embarrassing comments on blog posts.

-More to come...

1 comment:

  1. The shampoo effect has never been so strong and quick-acting as it was Easter Sunday. I was literally depressed all day Monday from my actions of the weekend. Guess that's God's way of telling me I should have gone to church.

    ReplyDelete