Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Following Up

Holla,

A quick update on the blog posting that I made on Monday. I've attached some pictures of the room that Nick took once we got home on Saturday night. See below:


Some nice layers of dust on the ground and on the guitars. You can see a finger mark on the guitar where we may or may not have tried to figure out what the substance was with a taste test.





This is the outline of where my computer had been, open and receptive to receive a nice antiquing. Also you can see the duster that Nick provided, without any dusting covers. Thanks Nick.

Also, we spoke with our neighbor, Marta, yesterday afternoon. She said that she had heard someone pounding on our door, yelling my name over and over again on the night in question. She looked around the corner and saw a guy running between our doorway and my window, which looks out into the alleyway. The guy was looking into my room, calling out my name, and alternatively trying to knock our door down. He was a genuine Big Bad Wolf.

After a bit of time, Marta said that the guy ran into our mail cubby, and came back with the fire extinguisher. Once he started spraying the extinguisher into my open window, Marta said that she yelled at him to stop. Once he saw her, he took off running down one of the adjoining alleyways.

When we asked if she could describe our Wolf, she said that he was a short, squatty, dark-haired guy. Coincidentally, there was a short, squatty, dark-haired man that approached Nick and I before we left for the 80's prom party earlier in the evening.

One of our friends was putting the finishing touches on his outfit for the night, and Nick and I were standing outside the apartment. I may have been dancing a little bit on our front porch, as my outfit looked a little "male-stripper" esque. We thought it was funny at the time, and it caught the attention of two women that were standing down the street, and apparently, the Wolf's attention as well. We all had a good laugh and I went inside to check on our friend.

The Wolf came up to Nick and asked what my name was. Nick replied, "Micah", but this did not satisfy his curiosity. He asked, "What's his last name?" to which Nick replied, "Why do you want to know?"

Good work Nick. Trying to protect my secret identity. I was not so cautious however. As I left the apartment, there was the Wolf, looking all crazy-balls, and asking for my name. He said, "What's your name," and extended his hand. I replied, but he asked once again, "What's your last name?"

I told him and shook his hand. I had seen him creeping around the alleyways before this incident, and always had put him in the harmless category. He said, "I'm Joe. I'm your neighbor."

It was a fairly pleasant exchange and we took off for our party. Nick told me about his interaction with Joe prior to my exit from the apartment, and we agreed that the whole affair was a bit strange. However, our conversation quickly changed direction, discussing our sweet glasses and who we were going to slow dance with at prom.

Little did we know that Joe Wolf would return just a few hours later, desperate to hang out with me. I'm a little concerned about the whole affair, and have been regularly closing my window and keeping the shades drawn. I've been sticking to the main thoroughfares, and avoiding the alleyways since we learned of the incident.

The hood may be getting a little too up close and personal right now. I might have to invest in a set of brass knuckles in case I run into our friendly neighbor once again. I have always wanted an excuse for some knuckle jewelry, so I guess a "thank you Joe" may be in order.

More to come...

1 comment:

  1. I was too drunk to accurately find the replacement duster covers. But found them 5 days later, just in time for them to be of little to no use.

    ReplyDelete