Thursday, February 26, 2009

Crushing Defeat

Holla,

At the end of last week, I wrote about a few job opportunities that were in the works. I had applied to a production company as a writer, auditioned for a couple of roles, and submitted my application to a bar downtown. I felt good about each of these positions. I interviewed well and thought that I did pretty well in the audition. I said these exact words last weekend, "I'm sure I will get at least one of the four jobs."

I was so young and naive last week. I've received one 'no' and a trio of non-responses so far. I'm guessing that, at this point, I will not be receiving any of these jobs. I have to move onto the next phase of sending out emails, but the disappointment from this latest batch of rejection cuts deep. It's my own fault, really. Even after writing and talking about how I jump ahead of myself, I could nothing to prevent my mind from taking leaps and bounds ahead of reality.

The first half of each week brings my expectations back to reality. Sometime on Wednesday, I will start to gather the pieces of my ego, and put things back together for the upcoming weekend. I have a couple of auditions in the next two days and have some more freelance writing to get to. I've written a couple more commercials for Wiscondiego, which I think we will film this weekend.

So, all in all, things are setting up for a good end of this week, and I can look forward to getting a job next week. It's a sure thing this time. I'm getting one of these roles fo sho.

Crap. I can't help myself.

-More to come

No comments:

Post a Comment