Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Return of E-3

Holla,

After disappearing for a couple of months, E-3 is back. Here is the link to the original entry regarding our favorite superhero. I met with the producer on Tuesday to record a small voiceover, and received an almost-finished copy of the video. While I was in the production office, he asked whether or not I would like to see it, and I responded with a resounding "yes".

While we were walking into the conference room, the producer started asking other people if they would like to view the video as well. Since it had been a significant period of time since the original filming, I had forgotten some of the more embarrassing portions that I had put myself through. Namely, wearing an all spandex, red suit. So I was okay when we walked into the room with 10 other people in tow.

As soon as the lights went out, and the first shot of the video hit the screen, I was immediately mortified. There I was, standing in full spandex, trying my best to act like a superhero. I wanted to run out of the room and huddle behind the bushes in front of the building. It was awful. Every moment was excruciating embarrassment. If I had entered into a room and peed my pants, while singing the Star Spangled Banner, I would have less embarrassed.

The video is only about 10 or 15 minutes long, and the production value is actually pretty good. There were some cool special effects that they incorporated into the scenes. I was impressed. Unfortunately, my acting did not match this quality. There were some facial ticks and some nose scrunches that I didn't know I was capable of, but looked generally awkward in the overall scheme of the movie. A superhero is supposed to look undaunted and noble, even in the face of adversity (or in my case, an oversized power outlet named Overload).

Although I think that I could have done a better job, in the end, I have a funny video to show friends and family. Even if I'm giving further humiliating ammunition to my little sister. I've tormented her for years, with comparisons to the "beast from the woods" to her resemblance to a small boy, so I guess that I'm getting what I deserve.

As a last, little treat, I will include the opening comic book sequence from the video. I'm not sure that it will translate to a blogging format, but it will give you a general idea of what I've put myself through. Enjoy!



More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment