Thursday, May 7, 2009

Living a Lie

Holla,

The blogging has been a little slow lately, and for that, I apologize. For about a month and a half, I have been going through an extensive interview process for a job. I haven't written much about it, in hopes that I wouldn't jinx the opportunity or inflate my expectations. I felt dirty every time that I wrote about "life in the unemployment line" while I was heading in the direction of "life in the employed line".

Last week, after three interviews and countless emails back and forth, I finally received the position. You are now reading the words of the newest employee of Confidential bar and restaurant. After going through one of the most exhaustive interview processes of my life, I am a barback and food runner for a restaurant in San Diego. I know what you are thinking. How could I attain such a prestigious position? How did I get a job where I am essentially a glorified dish washer?

My only answer to these questions is hard work, grit, and a little luck. Fortunately, I will no longer have to collect bottles and cans in the alleyways of North Park to make money. I have a job that is going to allow me survive a little bit longer in San Diego. The only drawback is that I have an entirely new routine. I have been getting home between 3 am and 4 am every night that I've worked, and it is taking me a while to adjust.

Once I get fully acclimated to the working routine, I will concentrate on blogging once again. It may take a little while, but I'm committed to the craft of on-line writing. The tone of the blog may change, as I am not unemployed any longer, but I hope to provide some interesting stories from my nightly activities.

That's all for now. Thanks for continuing to read.

-More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment